Welcome:
The Ohio Summer Rendezvous is an annual event for homeschool graduates. Centered in the beautiful Mohican State Forest, the OSR is a weekend of fellowship, indoor and outdoor games/sports, amazing, home-cooked meals, English/Scottish Country Dancing, talent show, hiking and Spiritual growth.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Looking for a life guard, and more suggestions/opinions!

Alright everyone - I've been working a bit on more of the details for the Rendezvous, and need some input! :)
- I know its a little time away before the event, but I'm already getting really excited!

1) would there happen to be a certified life guard amongst anyone officially attending or seriously thinking of attending? According to the park rules, the only way we can swim is if we provide our own life guard.
- if anyone could help out in that area, it would be much appreciated! :)

2) There are 13 miles worth of hiking trails in the park as well as overlooks, waterfalls, etc, etc. How many people would like to hike for part of one day?

3) The camp itself, Pleasant Hill Outdoor Center offers several extra activities for $4 extra per person. Mountain biking and canoeing are a couple options, and I'm looking into prices for rappelling. Suggestions?

4) There is a small amphitheater on property that I thought might be fun to put to use. A talent show maybe? Any other ideas? Yes, no?

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
~ Michaela for the Ohio Summer Rendezvous team


10 comments:

  1. (1) I'm not into swimming, so I'd skip that activity, probably.

    (2) I'd probably pass on the hiking.

    (3) I went canoeing once, and that was the only time in my life I'll go canoeing. (There is a story, at least sort of!)

    (4) Now that I would be interested in. I'd probably sing something (or tell a funny story about a President if everyone preferred, given my background in that, or both.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - I LOVE swimming! But I'm not a lifegaurd, so I can't help :( but I'll bring my suit and if you find one! I'm already in the water ;)

    2 - hiking sounds like fun!

    3 - Hmm, I don't know maybe I didn't understand the question, but I think I'd decide on that type of thing, when I got there ;)

    4 - Oh, I'm not good in front of people, so I have no clue! If I come up with something, I'll come back ;)

    Thank you Michaela, for putting so much time into this!! It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmm
    (1) sorry... it's all I can do to keep my own head above water ^_^
    (2)YES! I would hike the whole time if I could (prviding,of course I was accompanied by friends ;) )
    (3) ummmmm I'd like to explore the other options? lol Mountain biking is fun and so's canoeing... but IDK if I'd pay to do them xD and rappelling just seems pretty freaky to me o_O
    (4) ahaahaa that could be fun! Like theatre wars or something... hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm up for any of the above, minus volunteering to life guard...I'm an awful swimmer!! Hiking and canoeing sound the most appealing, but I'll have fun either way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the above! :)

    Only sad thing is that I'm not a certified life guard. However, if one can be found, I'll certainly bring my trunks along. :)

    As for the amphitheater, it would be possible to put on a play, or at least have some monologues, singing (solo or duet), etc. I'm sure someone could come up with an act. (And if people don't really get time to rehearse together before performing, it makes it that much more amusing...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Well, provided I can find me a modest swim suit, I'll be in the water...but as for a lifeguard, eh, I might be the one who needs one! So I'm not of a help there. :P

    2. Hiking. Yes. Definitely.

    3. Hmm...I guess I do'nt have much of an opinion on the other activities...except canoeing. That would be worth the extra $4 to me.

    4. An Amphitheater?!? Oh. My. This has major potential...Oh. My. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) I'm not much into swimming

    2) I love hiking - that would be fun!

    3) We have so much fun already, I'm not sure it's worth paying more for these activities. I mostly say that because I have a river a stone's throw from here where I can canoe! lol

    4) Sounds cool ... currently lacking ideas, however. Looking forward to others' suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To tell the truth, I'm not much into swimming myself. ;) However I thought we'd offer it since I know a lot of other people will probably like to swim.

    Thanks for all the suggestions so far - looking forward to more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I'm Moriah and a friend of Hannah Mc (I realize that there are a lot of Hannahs out there!) and I'm thinking of coming to the retreat. Does the lifeguard have to be currently certified? Because I worked as a certified lifeguard for 5 years but have since let it expire because I didn't need it anymore!! I guess that's a lesson to neverassume that a skill or certification will never come in handy :)

    But all of the activities sound like a lot of fun!

    Nice to "meet" everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Moriah! Nice to "meet" you. ;) - it would be wonderful if you could make it. The more the merrier! :D

    I'm not sure if you have to be currently certified, though I'm assuming you do. :-/ I would have to contact Pleasant Hill and get more details! - thank you so much for offering, I'll keep it in mind.

    ~ blessings! If you have any more questions, please ask. You can also start discussions right here on the blog if you sign up to become a blog author.

    ReplyDelete