Welcome:
The Ohio Summer Rendezvous is an annual event for homeschool graduates. Centered in the beautiful Mohican State Forest, the OSR is a weekend of fellowship, indoor and outdoor games/sports, amazing, home-cooked meals, English/Scottish Country Dancing, talent show, hiking and Spiritual growth.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Calling All Musically-Inclined Volunteers!

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is as excited about another OSR as I am! I enjoyed many aspects about last year's get together, but one big highlight for me was the Friday Night Jam Session. For those of you who did not attend last year, we basically got around the campfire and sang until...well...we could sing no more! I have to say it has always been one of the most memorable worship experiences I can remember. You could really feel God there with us, even though it was dark, and we were all cold singing outside by campfire, the warmth of the Holy Spirit clearly filled our camp. Thanks be to God, for His indescribable gifts, and blessings!

There were some suggestions last year that we should try some four-part acapella singing. I don't know about you, but this is something I would really love to try this year during the Jam Session. So, if any of you have identical hymnals or songsheets that you would be willing to share, please let me know. Of course, if you would rather bring an instrument (guitars, violin, bagpipes etc.) please bring them too! I will once again be bringing my 61-note Midi Keyboard along for whoever would like to use it during the get together.

Lastly, I am looking for some volunteers who would like to help during the morning devotions Saturday and Sunday morning. To recap, I am looking for:

  1. A volunteer to provide hymnals and/or song sheets during Friday Night Jam Session
  2. Volunteer instrumentalists for Saturday and/or Sunday morning
  3. A volunteer to run PowerPoint on Saturday and/or Sunday (I will provide the computer)
  4. Suggestions for songs to sing during these times (i.e. hymns, gospel songs, praise and worship)
  5. Any other music-related ideas or suggestions you might have
If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer with any of these things, please let me know by Sunday, September 4th. Thanks!

-Joshua

4 comments:

  1. I am not 100% sure yet if we are coming yet, but If I do, I would be more then happy to run power point for you both days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know if we are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming! See you there!
    Roger Sisk

    ReplyDelete