Welcome:
The Ohio Summer Rendezvous is an annual event for homeschool graduates. Centered in the beautiful Mohican State Forest, the OSR is a weekend of fellowship, indoor and outdoor games/sports, amazing, home-cooked meals, English/Scottish Country Dancing, talent show, hiking and Spiritual growth.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Jam Sessions

Hey everyone!

I need your help! And if you're looking at the title and thinking "Joshua wants people to help him make a PB&J sandwich" well, that's not quite what I meant... ;)

I am wanting to know from everyone who is attending (and might attend) if you will be bringing an instrument to play for the scheduled jam sessions. I myself will be bringing a portable 61-note keyboard that you are all welcome to use...

I also am wanting to know what worship songs you would like to sing, so that I can create some songsheet lyrics in advance. Go ahead ya'll..don't be shy. List several of your favorites, and afterwards they'll be reviewed for inclusion in the songsheets.

Here's several of my personal favorites:

-I'd Rather Have Jesus
-How Deep The Father's Love For Us
-In Christ Alone

Joshua, for the Ohio Summer Rendezvous Team

10 comments:

  1. Hey, great post, Joshua!
    As you know, I'll be bringing all kinds of stuff (or I want to - depends on what fits in the car.) We two hymnal-geeks ought to unite and fill that place with hymnals... :)

    I won't list any songs in particular, but I was wondering if anybody would be up for trying some informal part-singing of hymns. There have to be people coming who are capable, and it's so exciting to hear those harmonies come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandon!

    Say, why don't you try to fit that pipe organ in your back seat. I'm sure it will fit...

    Hey, great idea!! I've actually always wanted to do that. I'll sing until I lose my voice! I hope I'm capable though, because I sing and play by ear... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Jam sessions! I think my favorite part of the Ohio Winter Rend. was the time spent around the piano. Those were blessed times. Jam sessions & hymn singing are the best around the camp fire :) Cant wait! We have a great group of people coming & its the list is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I'll bring whatever I can. :-)
    Oh, the part-singing sounds amazing! As many of you know, we believe in a-cappela singing during worship services, so this is one thing I've had a little practice in ;-) Soprano and tenor are the only parts I know, sadly :P
    This looks so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, here's some songs I would suggest:

    Shout to the Lord (by Paul & Rita Baloche)
    Shine Jesus Shine (by Pete Sanchez)
    Hold us Together (by Matt Maher)
    I Can Only Imagine ( by MercyMe)
    A New Halleluiah (by Michael W. Smith)
    Our God is Greater (by Chris Tomlin)
    Holy is the Lord (by Chris Tomlin)
    Mighty to Save (there's a good version sung by Michael W. Smith)
    I Want To Know You (by SONICFLOOd)
    I Will Rise (by Chris Tomlin)
    How Great is our God (by Chris Tomlin)
    Where There is Faith (by 4Him)
    I surrender All (by Clay Crosse)
    In Christ Alone (by Michael English)
    Feels Like Redemption (by Michael English)

    Okay...I'll stop there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee...just a couple more...

    Be Thou My Vision
    Blessed Be The Name (by Matt Redman)
    Heart of Worship
    Here I am to Worship
    God of Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm bummed I won't be able to pack my guitar along :( but yay for a keyboard anyway... I just might borrow it :D (even though 61 keys is a lil awkward when I'm used to 88 :P)
    If there's room maybe I'll bring my song book :D LMK if you need help finding chords/lyrics, as I do have a pretty extensive collection at my disposal :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Patrizia: Agree totally! I'm sure this summer get together is no exception to that!

    @ Kate: thanks for covering the soprano part. I was a little worried I'd have to test out my falsetto soprano...*whew*!

    @ Hannah: Great suggestions...looks like I've got quite a few trees to cut down! :P

    @ Neighbor: I just might take you up on that offer. I'll wait and see what songs everyone comes up with first...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, can't wait for this! A few suggestions...

    Confidence (aka Walk Thou With Me)
    And Can It Be?
    Grace Greater Than Our Sin
    Oh Love That Will Not Let Me Go
    Redeemed
    Jesus Is Coming Again
    Farther Along
    Face To Face

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be bringing bagpipes, smallpipes, whistles and recorders.

    And a tenor voice for acappella singing.

    ReplyDelete